We often get emails to our Merlin Support asking us if we can recommend any Project Management literature. Many are new to project management and others just want to keep their skills updated. Well, we thought we would compile a list for everyone to refer to. We have put together an impressive list for your reference.
Feel free to send in your suggestions and book recommendations too. This list does not have to be a static one, but can grow with each suggestion. Furthermore, if anyone has read one of these books and would like to do a review for other Roundtable readers, I would be more than glad to put your reviews up on the blog here. Send your reviews to us.
For easy cross-reference you can access this list from the sidebar.
- 5-Phase Project Management: A Practical Planning & Implementation Guide by Joseph W. Weiss and Robert K. Wysocki
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, Third Edition by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Agile Project Management: Creating Innovative Products by Jim Highsmith
- Agile Project Management: How to Succeed in the Face of Changing Project Requirements by Gary Chin
- Applied Software Project Management by Andrew Stellman and Jennifer Greene
- Information Technology Project Management by Kathy Schwalbe
- Just Enough Project Management by Curtis R. Cook
- Peopleware: Productive Projects and Teams by Tom DeMarco
- PMP: Project Management Professional Exam Study Guide by Kim Heldman
- Practical Project Management: Tips, Tactics and Tools by Harvey A. Levine.
- Project Management for Business and Engineering, Second Edition: Principles and Practice by John M. Nicholas
- Project Management for Design Professionals by William Ramroth
- Project Management for the 21st Century by Bennet P. Lientz and Kathryn P. Rea
- Project Management in Construction by Sidney M. Levy
- Project Management A Competency-Based Approach by Stephen Hartley
- Project Management: A Systems Approach to Planning, Scheduling, and Controlling by by Harold, Ph.D. Kerzner
- Risk Management, Tricks of the Trade for Project Managers by Rita Mulcahy
- Slack: Getting Past Burnout, Busywork, and the Myth of Total Efficiency by Tom DeMarco
- The Art of Project Management by Scott Berkun
- The Deadline: A Novel About Project Management by Tom DeMarco
- Waltzing With Bears: Managing Risk on Software Projects by Tom DeMarco and Timothy Lister
- Why Does Software Cost So Much?: And Other Puzzles of the Information Age by Tom DeMarco