This post shows how to do the same for enabling access by the web browser across networks.Â But a bit of theory first.
Web sharing on MerlinServerâ€¦
- uses per default port 7080 for tcp protocol.
- requires an enabled Project Sharing service.
And the router usually blocks cross networks connections if not mentioned otherwise
Now to the practical part…
- You define in “Project” tab the folder to be shared containing your Merlin projects and check “enabled”.
- Make sure “Forward in router” is enabled in the “Web” tab for across network access.
- Now you can start the MerlinServer.
Should you watch in the “Web” tab forÂ the address, you see it first containing locahost, then the local ip address of your mac, and finally -if your router supports UPNP- the external ip address of your router.
This is the address you can type in a supported web browser to access your Merlin Server across networks. So, in our exampleâ€¦
Configuration samples for routers not supporting UPNP, or in cases UPNP is not desired, can be found here
When having enabled the Mac OS X Firewall, make sure it is set appropriately. More information about the Firewall setup here
For better understanding on the required connection requests please check here