Those of you who have checked our new post series about “Merlin report templates” know by now…
- How to modify existing reports
- How to edit description or report template names
- How to create your own report templates
- How to localize a Merlin report template
- Further tips for localizing an xslt report template
- How to add an option in an xslt report template
- How to add an option in a python / wbl report template
- How to add a property into an existing xslt report
- How to add a property into an existing python /wbl report template
Now let’s do some magic with the reports.
- What if you want to map a status or flag information to a graphic file?
- What if you want to be able to define the size of the project image over the options?
- What if you want to list overdue tasks along with the next activities, in “Next Due Activities” report?
- What if you want to report planned, actual and planned vs actual work per phase in a chart?
- What if you want to report expected work costs per role for your resources?
- What if you want to report expected work costs per resources’ group?
- What if you want to report the project’s name in the Next Due Activities report?
- What if you want to modify the “Milestone Trend Report” to show the WBS in the table and in the chart?
- What if you want to report expected or actual resources’ work per phase?
What if you want to report expected or actual resources’ work per phase?
We have used the report template as posted in this thread of Merlin’s user forum in Google.
Changed the methods asking for resource costs to ask for resource expected or actual work.
And modified the workPerPhase method to add work durations and find totals for expected or actual work on assignments on sub tasks for each resource.
Making it flexible:
An output sample:
And the report options:
- Extract the zip first
- place the contained mrept package under the following path of your mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Merlin/Reports
- (in case you have no “Reports” folder please create it first and pay attention to name it exactly as “Reports”)
- restart your Merlin and
- call File > New Report… to find the new report called “Resource Work per Phase ”.