Today we released another maintenance update for Merlin. It comes not only with optimisations under the hood, the update also contains some new features.
Merlin supports as of now import of mindmaps from the new NovaMind. Also an often asked function was finally implemented: You can request a copy of your Merlin license(s) directly over Merlin’s help menu or the license dialogue. You will be then re-directed to a specially for this purpose created web page on which you can complete your request.
All release notes in detail. Continue reading
Today we released Merlin 2.8. Beside the compatibility to Mac OS X 10.7 “Lion”, we’ve added a few, but interesting features. Now you can use the full screen mode from Lion and the files from the former working session in Merlin will be reopened automatically. Also a new risk report is now included.
All changes in detail:
New Features in Merlin
- Compatibility to Mac OS 10.7 “Lion”.
- Merlin does support the full screen mode when executing under Mac OS 10.7 “Lion”.
- The import of MS Project files is further improved. Supported are now all versions starting with MS Project 2002 until MS Project 2010.
- Add a new Risk Report.
Merlin, the most successful project management software for the Mac, collaborates now even better with other applications. New workflows are introduced in the latest version 2.7.9 enabling it to connect to the popular personal task management mac software Things (by Cultured Code). Further enhancements are also implemented for the collaboration with the market leading project management software for Windows MS Project. And last but not least, several improvements under the hood ensure Merlin’s typical high software stability and robustness.
This is a dream come true for Merlin and Things users: Merlin and Things can finally work together. With just a few clicks you can now export Merlin activities as todos to Things or import todos from Things as activities into Merlin. The two market-leading applications for project management and personal task management on Mac are finally not only complementary on paper but also in practice. An easy and self-explanatory data exchange workflow, implemented in AppleScript, makes this possible.
We use Things from Culture Code regularly for personal task management in our company. It was only logical to add the capability to connect Things to Merlin and of course just a question of time until we would be able to provide such a solution to our customers. We are very happy, that this is now the case. It will be a great help for many Merlin users, as they won’t need to transfer activities and todos anymore between the two applications by hand.
Frank Blome, ProjectWizards – CEO.
Today we published another maintenance update for Merlin. It contains just one fix for Mac OS X 10.4 and is recommended for Merlin users working on such older OS X versions: The previous Merlin 2.7.8 version would not open any project file when running on Mac OS X 10.4.x
So don’t be surprised that after updating your Merlin version it will still obtain its 2.7.8 version numbering. This is not a bug, it’s a feature 😉
Today we published another maintenance update for Merlin and Merlin Server. Here are the changes.
Resolved Issues in Merlin
- In combined projects, the utilization view was not refreshing under some circumstances.
- The resource’s cost accrual setting “at start” did produce the same result as “prorated”.
- Start dates of linked projects were deletable via the project link inspector.
- In Merlin Web Sharing, the default time zone was not set to GMT, which resulted in wrong creation dates of elements.
- Fixed an issue in the licensing system for Merlin iPhone.
- The status attribute was not selectable from within the predicate editor for elements.
- The value for “Given Startmode” was not exported properly in CSV export.
- Some access rights on creating project files did not set correctly.
- The “Merlin Quick Guide” is now in French language as well.
- Some translation issues have been fixed.
Resolved Issues in Merlin Server
- Merlin Server brought an error message for port 7090 after some time of work.
- Merlin did hang on saving a master project with aliases on Merlin Server files.
- A crash could appear when all numbers of a port of a custom server were deleted.